PyMUI is a package for the Python script language. It's written for a 2.5.4 version at least.
This package permits conception of graphics user interfaces using MUI under MorphOS. But using the Python language than the C.
The idea is to support an had-hoc abstraction layer to facilitate the creation of UI using MUI:
- Easier writing, more readable and faster than in C.
- Easy way to modify the code without a previous compiling stage.
- Python language brings advanced OOP concepts.
- MorphOS 2.x ;
- Python 2.5.4 or better for MorphOS: page de Python.
Latest archive containing installations ready to use of PyMUI on MorphOS:
- PyMUI 0.6, SVN r254 - MD5Sum:
- Download the archives in wanted version (cf section Downloads), put it in
- Uncompress and unarchive this file with the following Shell command:
XADUnFile RAM:archive_name SYS:
Note that this installation is done in SYS:, if python itself is at the same location…
- PyMUI tutorial (outdated since the v0.4).
- PyMUI-src.morphos-r254.lha - MD5Sum:
* v0.6 released.
* v0.5 released.
- v0.4 released.
- Gribouillis is not compatible anymore with this version, please use Gribouillis2.
- v0.3 released.
- v0.2 released.
ctypesversion is now ok. I need to do some tests and release it in same time as a new Python 2.x version with the ctypes module inside.
- Time to think about a documentation
- Python module
ctypesported for MorphOS ⇒ re-write test of PyMUI to use it.
- First public version (0.1).
- The package is already composed of a
_muimastermodule written in C and giving a low-level access to MUI and the rest of the system.
- MUI main classes are accessible as Python classes.
- Some MCC are also available, it's even possible to write MCC in Python, but limited to the creating process.
- Gribouillis is the first complet program using PyMUI.